Gerard Grech (@ gerardgrech) is the founding Chief Executive of Tech Nation, an organisation focused on accelerating the growth of high-growth digital businesses in the UK. He is also a governing board member of Europe’s largest arts centre, the Barbican and a member of the UK Government’s Digital Economy Council and the World Economic Forum’s Digital Europe Board. A veteran of digital media, web and mobile, Gerard’s international experience in London, Paris and New York, building digital products and rolling them out across 5 continents has given him global vision and local expertise, spanning product development, business strategy and venture capital.
1. What values are most important to you as a leader?
Creativity, Integrity & Accountability
2. Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
3. Best piece of advice you have been given?
You can shape things around you if you put your mind to it.
4. What would you tell your younger self?
Be patient and make your subconscious conscious sooner rather than later.
5. What has been your most important or profound lesson as a leader?
Extreme value gets created when it’s most uncomfortable.